The Hostel Management System is a system specially designed to centrally manage Youth Hostels Associations. The system uses one single central database that serves the activities of the whole associations. Technically, it is a multi-tier application running from a central server. Users are using thin clients, connected to the center using phone lines or the Internet and will never need technical support and maintenance (zero client administration).
- The system was originally designed to deal with the complexity of Youth Hostels Associations and is not a modified hotel system.
- All administrative functions and application system data has been designed to be kept centrally and unique for the entire organization.
- Product and services catalog
- Guest Profiles and Customers details
- Pricing and Contracts
- Currencies and rates, countries, users etc.
- The system handles Youth Hostels bed reservations and complex groups as well as standard hotel room reservation.
- A complete Internet online interface allows direct bookings for both guests and agents.
Hostel Management System advantages:
Control and pricing
1. The whole association is managed from one location. The central office controls all the operating parameters of all the hostels.
2. One single bill of materials, customer and guest lists. Having this features centralized allows issuing complex organization wide statistical reports.
- Bill of materials (product catalog) – This is the foundation of the system. Every financial transaction from any hostel will have a product catalog number as one of the properties, which allows easy report issuing.
- Product Catalog
- Customer Details – the details are common and are visible from all hostels.
- Guest Profile Details –the contact information about the guest. It is enough for a guest to make a single reservation to any of the hostels for his/her profile to be visible in all the hostels of the association.
3. Prices and contracts with customers are association-wide. The below screen shows a quotation form, which can be issued from either the central office, or from any hostel.