- What is the advantage of using dedicated developer?
- When can I opt for the Dedicated Developer Services?
- If I have problems with my developer what should I do?
- Who owns the intellectual property of website?
- I am running PHP on Apache and when I access my site, the index.php file is not being displayed by default. What's going on here?
- I have just installed PHP and Apache and every time I load my PHP script in my browser, I get prompted to download the script as a file. Can you help me?
- I think I may have found a bug with PHP. Do I report it to you?
- Do I need a web developer or a web designer? How do I go about picking the right one for me?
- How much does a web site cost?
- Do I need to hire a "local" web site designer?
- How long does it take to have a web site designed?
- What is a URL?
- I am currently hosted with opensourcewebsolution.com and would like to switch over to capacitywebsolutions.com. How do I do this?
- Can I choose you to design my site and use my own web hosting?
- What is site maintenance?
- Do you offer any type of discounts?
- Why can't I find my web site in the search engines?
- Web Site Content - What Do I Put On My Site?
- I've made my decision - I want you to design my web site. Now what do I do?
Under this option you can hire your own dedicated developer who works exclusively on your project from a remote location, here in our case from India. He is always available through email, chat or telephone for discussions and follow up. Geographical or time zone boundaries do not affect the progress and implementation of your project. You can hire one single developer or you can hire even a team of developers depending upon your project specifications, time limit and budget.
When can I opt for the Dedicated Developer Services?
This option is beneficial for large or medium scale companies who are already established and in urgent need of a team of experienced and efficient developers to meet their time bound market demands. If your demand for in-house technical staff varies significantly, then this option is very cost efficient for you. It saves you a lot in terms of salary and perks, as dedicated developers can be hired for a flexible time period. In short if you are looking for cost effective, timely, quality services utilizing latest technology by the highly skilled and experienced professionals, this is the most suitable option for you.
If I have problems with my developer what should I do?
Although this is most unlikely, but in case you have problems with your developer your first point of contact would be the manager of our firm. If the problem is major then Director of the firm can also intervene. He has the authority to deal with problem. If necessary, it is possible to change your developer.
Who owns the intellectual property of website?
A dedicated developer is contractually bound to forego intellectual property rights and assign or transfer the ownership of all intellectual property to the customer. We assure you that only you can benefit from your investments.
- DirectoryIndex index.html
- I recommend changing it to:
- DirectoryIndex index.html index.php default.php index.htm
- This loads any of the files listed in that DirectoryIndex directive in order of precedence.
- Be sure to restart your Apache Web Server so the changes will take effect.
I have just installed PHP and Apache and every time I load my PHP script in my browser, I get prompted to download the script as a file. Can you help me?
If you have just installed Apache and PHP either on Linux or Windows, you'll need to modify the httpd.conf file. There's a few things that need to be done with this. Here's a couple:
- LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
- AddModule mod_php4.c
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
You can find it here: Installing Apache Web Server + PHP 4 on Linux
For Windows users, please refer to the PHP documentation in the section that deals with Installing PHP on Apache.
I think I may have found a bug with PHP. Do I report it to you?
Yes and No. Yes you can report it to us or post it in our forums to aware other users of it. If you have a bug, you should go to: http://bugs.php.net and report it to the developers.
Do I need a web developer or a web designer? How do I go about picking the right one for me?
Click here to review an article which gives prospective clients an objective look at selecting a good website design firm.
How much does a web site cost?
There are quite a few factors that are going to affect the ultimate cost of your web site. These factors include how many pages you are going to have, if you will sell products on your website, the graphic work involved, and how interactive your future web site will be. You will also need web hosting and domain name registration.
Do I need to hire a "local" web site designer?
We create web sites for clients who are local as well as out of state. By using the Internet, email and the telephone, it is possible to communicate effectively with clients in any location.
What is a URL?
It stands for "universal resource locator". This is the address typed in to view your web page on the Internet. For example, you would type in http://www.capacitywebsolutions.com to access our home page.
I am currently hosted with opensourcewebsolution.com and would like to switch over to capacitywebsolutions.com. How do I do this?
Just fill out an inquiry and we will take care of everything. We will transfer your domain name along with all of your existing web sites content.
What is site maintenance?
Maintenance is a fee paid monthly to keep your site updated with new content that you provide. Most good web sites have new content updated regularly. Fresh content is what will keep your visitors coming back.
Why can't I find my web site in the search engines?
Once your site has been submitted to the top Search Engines they may require several weeks, or even months to actually spider and list your web site in their directory. How fast your site is listed depends on each individual Search Engines database update schedule. Watch your server traffic logs for visiting spiders. We suggest you use Guaranteed Search Engine Submit. Your site can be listed on AOL, MSN, Overture in a couple of days.
Web Site Content - What Do I Put On My Site?
That would depend on the goals of your web site. If you run a business website you would include as much information about your products or services that your customers would need to purchase from you.
I've made my decision - I want you to design my web site. Now what do I do?
If you have decided you want a web site or have any questions, simply fill out our web design quote request form to start the process.